The tail end of Storm Barbara is leaving a heavy swell and rough seas in her wake,
causing problems for ferry timetables on Saturday.
The MV Loch Seaforth has been weather bound in Ullapool. Her Saturday morning sailing
out of Stornoway on Saturday is cancelled. If the swell dies down sufficiently, the
vessel plans to depart Ullapool at 10.30am. She also intends to undertake a second
set of return sailings across the Minch.
An amended timetable will operate on the Uig triangle, weather permitting. The MV
Hebrides is scheduled to wait out the morning’s rough weather in Lochmaddy, aiming
for a noon departure to Tarbert before going on to Skye. In the afternoon, the vessel
plans to carry out a return trip to Lochmaddy.
The morning crossing on the Sound of Harris route is cancelled. The afternoon sailing
is highly unlikely. Disrupted traffic have the option of travelling on the amended
Lochmaddy - Tarbert ferry.
The first ferry on the Sound of Barra is cancelled due to high winds. All other sailings
are looking unlikely.
The Castlebay - Oban run is cancelled due to 70mph gusts. A Boxing Day sailing looks
The MV Lord of the Isles is still out of action so even if the weather abated there
would be no service on the Lochboisdale route. Monday’s Lochboisdale to Oban sailing
is cancelled due to adverse weather.