A number of Western Isles ferries are stormbound in harbour due to severe weather.
MV Lord of the Isles will remain at Lochboisdale until Tuesday morning at least.
The MV Loch Alainn is not operating sailings on the Sound of Barra route today. Tomorrow’s
timetable between Barra and Eriskay faces disruption or cancellation.
The Berneray - Leverburgh ferry could not go to sea today due to the conditions.
The MV Isle of Lewis brought her timetable forward by two hours to take advantage
of the forecast slight easing on conditions at Castlebay to allow safe berthing at
both ends of the voyage. Her Monday timetable is cancelled.
The Skye to Lochmaddy and Tarbert sailings are running between two and three hours
behind schedule because of wild conditions in the morning. The timetabled evening
sailing from Skye to Lochmaddy and Tarbert has been changed to operate as direct
The Stornoway ferry is sailing. Gusts over 40mph on her Ullapool route are forecast
to reduce over the afternoon.