Adverts for each vacancy are only £25 for two weeks
or £35 for a month. Unlimited text.
Discounted rates available for multiple vacancies
STORNOWAY, WICK/THURSO, CAMPBELTOWN, SCOTLAND
A starting salary between £26,355-£28,331 plus an estimated £4,500 - £6,500 per annum
depending on standby frequency.
We have exciting opportunities within our Scottish Independent Undertakings (SIUs)
for the role of Craftperson. We have positions available in Campbeltown, Wick/Thurso
and Stornoway. The SIU’s are unique in the UK in that they are not connected to the
National Grid system and use Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) or Liquefied Natural Gas
(LNG) as a feedstock.
What does the role involve?
These opportunities will be ideally suited to an experienced First Call Operatives
who have a ‘service’ background or experienced heating engineers or those people
who are time served plumbers. In addition you will ideally hold a City and Guilds
and/or ACS accreditation.
These roles will be challenging and varied, with the successful applicants being
involved in various activities including boiler servicing, emergency duties and meter
work. Other skills will be developed over time to include mains and service laying
as well as other plant duties. Full Training in all SIU activities will be provided.
What we are looking for from you?
· Ideally you will be an experienced heating engineer or time served plumber preferably
holding a City and Guilds and or ACS accreditation.
· You will be dependable, practical and hardworking.
· Have good leadership qualities together with excellent inter-personal skills.
· You must hold a full driving licence.
· The work is physically and mentally demanding and you will be expected to work
in a variety of outdoor environments.
· Have the ability to use field IT equipment and achieve high standards of safety
and technical competence.
What can we offer you?
· A starting salary of £26,355 plus an estimated £4,500 - £6,500 per annum depending
on standby frequency.
· A great place to work and with the right attitude and aptitude, the potential to
progress within the business to managerial positions.
· On-going on the job development together with comprehensive training on all SIU
activities including repair and servicing of gas appliances, service laying and plant
The nature of the job means that you will be expected to work variable hours and
in addition, you will also be required to participate, as necessary, in a high frequency
To apply, please download an application form from our website www.sgn.co.ukor request
one from firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed forms along with a full and recent CV should be
emailed to email@example.com returned by post to Human Resources at the address shown
on the top of the application form quoting reference number 16195EXT.
Applications must be received by close of play on the 8 March 2017.
SGN is an equal opportunity employer committed to developing an equal, diverse and